I am pleased to announce my latest class, Shadow Magick I, which is available for enrollment today! Head on over to Shadowkrafting.com to enroll :)
Shadow Magick I - What is Shadow Magick?
Class Description: The purpose of this course is to answer common questions about what shadow magick is and what it isn’t, as well as giving students enough information to decide whether they want to pursue shadow magick as a discipline. We will look at the fundamentals of shadow work and shadow magick as well as common misconceptions of both. We will take a more in-depth look at what the shadow is and how to deal with it. The course ends with a look forward into the next course, Shadow Magick II - The Work, and what to expect if you decide to move forward.
Cost: $10 payable via paypal to email@example.com
What you need to know beforehand: This course is designed to be accessible by anyone who is willing to do a bit of introspection. However, students with some magickal experience, preferably more than six (6) months, will get the most benefit. Shadow magick as a whole is best when added to an existing set of magickal skills and practices.
You will have no trouble with the course if you know the following (though it is not 100% necessary):
- Visualization - You should be able to visualize the movement of energy in your mind. If you have an imagination and can daydream then chances are you can do this without difficulty.
- Basic energy manipulation - You should have a basic understanding of what energy is and be comfortable moving it, e.g. pulling energy and moving it into a candle to charge it. If you are not comfortable charging an object you will have difficulty with some of the material in this class.
- Basic spellcrafting - You do not have to be proficient in spellcasting, but you should understand the basic principles (such as like attracts like, contagion, etc.) and be able to perform simple spells.
Recommended resources if you’re not already there (note these are all from very different traditions):
Bird, Stephanie Rose. Sticks, Stones, Roots & Bones: Hoodoo, Mojo & Conjuring with Herbs. St. Paul, Minn.: Llewellyn Publications, 2004.
Bonewits, Isaac. Real Magic: An Introductory Treatise on the Basic Principles of Yellow Magic. York Beach, ME: Weiser, 1989.
Cunningham, Scott. Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner. St. Paul, Minn.: Llewellyn Publications, 1989.
Kraig, Donald Michael. Modern Magick: Twelve Lessons in the High Magickal Arts. Rev. and Expanded. ed. St. Paul, Minn.: Llewellyn Publications, 2010.
Miller, Jason. The Sorcerer's Secrets: Strategies to Practical Magick. Franklin Lakes, NJ: New Page, 2009.
- This course is for students 18+ years of age. There will be no exceptions under any circumstances.
- This course must be paid via paypal.
- This course is taught exclusively in English. You must be able to read/write comfortably in English to participate.
- All lessons are delivered as pdf files via email.
- You must have a functioning email address that you check regularly in order to receive your class materials.
- You will need a pdf reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it for free at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Strongly Recommended (you will need in order to get the full value of your course)
- Some lessons may include links to videos, so access to high speed internet will improve your experience.
- This course includes one (1) one-on-one Skype or Google Hangout session with me. You will need either a Skype or Google+ account (both free), along with a functioning webcam and microphone in order to have a one-on-one.
Lessons and Homework
All lessons will be delivered weekly via email as pdf files.
This class does not include formal homework. Instead it includes a series of suggested exercises and practices that are clearly labelled within the lessons. You are encouraged to do all of the exercises and recommended practices, and to discuss your results with me, in order to get the maximum value out of this course.
This course includes one (1) thirty minute one-on-one session with me via Skype or Google Hangout. One-on-one sessions must be completed within three (3) months of enrollment.
Completion of this course is required before applying for Shadow Magick II - The Work.