13 December 2011

City Protection Spell

I've been working on a project for the last two weeks - a special city protection spell.  I love my home.  I think the Puget Sound area is the the most beautiful place in the world and I wouldn't live anywhere else.  I grew up here, my family is here, I play here.  This is my home and I want to do everything I can to keep it safe.  To do this I hatched a rather ambitious plan that begins with graveyard dirt.

If you're not familiar with working with graveyard dirt, it's used to add the energy of the person whose grave it came from to a spell.  It's important that you know something about the person who's been laid to rest before you use dirt from their grave in any spell.  If you don't know who the person is (personally, historically, etc.) then you'd better have good psychic senses that will tell you on the spot.  Before taking the dirt it's important to explain to the deceased what you want to use the dirt for and get their permission - you can take it without permission but that's just rude and can have unintended consequences. 

Lakeview Cemetery, up on Capitol Hill, is the final resting place of Seattle's founders and first citizens.  A keen student of local history, I know that the Seattle founders vested their lives and livelihoods into this city.  Their passions and foibles shaped what this city was to become and their legacy is everywhere and they've got a vested interest in preserving what they created.  I decided to gather graveyard dirt from as many of the city's founders as I could to add the force of their spirits to my spell.  I got Yestler, Renton, Denny, Phinney, Mercer and more.  I also added in a dash of Princess Angeline (chief Sealth's daughter - and a ghost I've seen several times) to touch the legacy of the local natives and a bit of Bruce Lee for skill.  They all agreed to help me ward my home from harm.  For each of them I left an offering of thanks.

I gathered all the dirt in a tin and waited for the full moon to quicken the spell.  I wrote my intent on a piece of paper, sealed the spell with my blood on a coffin nail and placed it in with the dirt.  I sealed the tin and intend to wrap in duct tape and bury it.  I won't share the exact wording of the spell, but I specified what area the spell was to cover, and that it was to protect the area from all disaster both natural and man-made, to strengthen the city and it's people, to make them wise, and to keep us all safe, sane, and sound.  I've always felt that magick is that last thing you have to do when you say "I've done all I can."  Now I think I can really say that I've done everything I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment