17 May 2011

Momentum, I Has None

Some days you wake up and marvel at the world around you; the sun shining, the birds singing, blah blah blah.  Other days you hide under the pillow and hope that your alarm clock dies a horrible death.  I will give you three guesses as to which one of those was the case today and the first two don’t count.  I am one of those people who can build up a good head of steam and keep myself motivated and working for days.  Unfortunately, once that momentum is lost I have a hell of a time building it up again.  This is as true in my magick as it is in my mundane life.  When I’m on a roll I can write for days, cook gourmet meals, and connect to the divine with ease.  When I’m not...not so much.

Saturday was a good day, a motivated day.  I knew the weather was going to be nice in the morning and turn to rain by the afternoon, so I got up early and headed up the pass to get in some hiking.  I walked the Rattlesnake Ledge trail up by North Bend.  The trail is just about four miles round trip, with a decent amount of elevation.  For someone as out of shape as I am it was more than a little challenging.  It was worth it though.  The woods were quiet, the mountains beautiful, and the weather absolutely perfect.  It was basically a two hour long moving meditation and it was wonderful.  It was nice to let my mind come down from the buzz of constant though and just settle into my body and the present moment.

Unfortunately, once I got home the rain started up again and my moment was washed away.  This morning I woke up to icy feet and thick fog.  It’s putting my right back into my winter/introspective mode and out of my spring/action mode.  I love Seattle and all its rain, but the dark is even starting to get me down.  The sun is supposed to come out tomorrow and it really better.  I’m hoping that some sunshine will wake me back out of these doldrums.

I’m teaching a workshop tomorrow at Eastwest Books in Roosevelt and I’d better be energized by then.  If not, I may have to resort to cupcakes to perk myself up.  The workshop will be an abridged version of my Common Magickal Pests class at the Grey School.  I’ll be talking about annoying/dangerous metaphysical creatures and how to get them to leave you alone.  It should be good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment