08 October 2012

Post PPD

A big thanks to everyone who came out and visited me last Saturday.  PPD was fantastic and I had a great time.  I got to say hello to some old friends and made a new one or two and that always makes my day.

Alas, after meeting up with so many people I seem to have caught the inevitable cold.  I've been fighting a bug for a week or two now and my weekend seems to have pushed me over the edge.  I shall now have a bowl of soup and go back to bed.

My chicken soup:
2 chicken breasts
half an onion
1 green pepper, veins and seeds removed, flesh finely minced
2 russet potatoes, peeled and minced
1 carrot, peeled and minced
1 small zucchini, cut into small chunks
about 2 quarts chicken stock
about 2 tbs minced garlic
pinch herbs de provence

Put everything but the zucchini in a big pot and bring to a boil.  Once at a boil cover and lower heat to a simmer.  Cook for about 20-30 minutes, when the chicken is fully cooked.  Once cooked remove the chicken breasts and shred.  Put the shredded chicken back in the pot and remove the half onion.  Add the zucchini to the pot and cook an additional 10-15 minutes, until the zucchini is tender.

I eat about a gallon of this stuff each time I catch cold.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment